Sunday, June 24, 2012

CSA 6.25.12

HEY everyone!!!!! Hope you are having a wonderful week!
This is the last week of the pre paid CSA, but I am so excited for July! (you can drop your checks off at the coffee shop when you pick up your order tomorrow and feel free to let other people know that we are starting a new cycle! The more the merrier!) With Jesus and Tanya taking a well deserved break for July...our new farmer for this month will be Stella with Horny Toad Farm! She is a mom of 4 kids, hard working farmer and she has wonderful, pesticide free produce!!!! A lot of the AZ summer produce is the same since certain things grow in certain months here, but sometimes they plant different types of the same items. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us! She is happy to have the opportunity to deliver the CSA orders to us and I hope you will all be able to re-join for July and help me in supporting her wonderful farm. She just recently was able to get a lot more land as well and she has been doing a lot at her farm. She has had fun farm events going on that I will let you know about if any come up soon! Check out her new website at www.hornytoadfarm.com
With that said...here is the info for THIS week! (don't forget to let me know today if you wanted buffalo from the last emails I sent out! YUM!)
Our bag this week...drum roll please....

1.Tomatoes
2.Watermelon
3.Cantalope
4.Carrots
5.Green Beans
6.Fresh Basil
7.Roasted Chilis
8.Potatoes
9.Onions
10.Surprise item (it will be either....corn, eggplant or cucumbers)

Yes...you read it right...we don't get any squash this week!

On another note, one of our wonderful CSA'ers, Erin, makes great natural lip balms and lotions. If you want some of these great products...please let me know. We will probly have a few of her items there for purchase if you would like to support her work too! Here is the info on that!
Hand and Body Lotion ingredients – water, apricot kernel oil, emulsifying wax, essential oils (lavender or sweet orange)4oz. pump bottle - $5.00, 8oz. pump bottle - $9.00
Lip Balm ingredients – organic olive oil, coconut oil, beeswax, organic cocoa butter, lemon essential oil, vitamin E$2.50 per tubeWe won't have very many eggs this week. Maybe 10 dozen. I am trying to round up more, so bear with me :) I am hoping to call the other contacts I have and get more. We have been going through like 25 to 30 dozen each week!

Again...THANK YOU so much for being part of this CSA. I hope it has been a good experiance for you and that I can continue to be able to get you the produce and other products that you like to have. I am working on getting more honey since that is a great item to have, but it is hard to coordinate it for some reason right now. Most of the honey people are on the east side of town.
Anyway...I really do appreciate you all supporting the local businesses and coming to get your fresh produce this week. I hope to hear from you all in July as well and if there are any issues on dates in July...let me know. There are people who would like to split the month since some will be out of town on some weeks. If you are able to get the bags later in the month...let me know and we can have you for the last 3 or 4 weeks if need be. Let me know!
Talk to you soon and have a great rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment